Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beautiful Sunday



So Saturday (yesterday) was a pretty crazy day. I was up early and made it to Group Groove (430 calories), followed by a quick run to Target to return some bras that did not fit, a quick run to Trader Joe's to get some prosecco, and them home. In the middle of it, I realized that I had lunch plans downtown so I got home, showered, changed, packed a bag and headed back out.

Lunch at Feast was great. We split Mac 'n Cheese as a table and I had a BLT with a side salad (which I ate 1/2). It was great, food was fast and good. I loved seeing Olivia one more time and was able to also see Cindy and Michele. Just like old times.

I jetted out from lunch at 2:15 in an attempt to get to my car to make it to Bucktown for our 2:45 Bollywood dance class which was part of Laura's bachelorette party. It was very fun. We learned a routine to "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire and it was a great way to start the day. On the way home I ate a coconut cupcake from Most (yum) since I was starving and had enough time at home to nap and wedge myself into the worlds tightest dress. On one hand I am thrilled I could wear it and it did not actually look all that tight once on....on the other hand I could hardly breathe most of the night and had some lovely lines once I took the dress off.


It's thrilling to wear something you have not worn in 2 years. I tried to wear it last summer and honestly, could not even get in anyway near on. I'm getting more compliments in July so even if the scale is not moving, I know there are results.


We had dinner at Carnivale (yum) and then danced away at Fado to a very cheese 80's cover band. The lead singer looked somewhat like a Hobbit and was wearing Rubik's cube tee shirt over tight sweatpants? It was some sort of fashion look. I faded out at about 2:00am (my feet were DONE) and Barb gave both Amy and me a ride home.

Sunday - As normal, River woke me up fairly early to demand food and a bladder break. I crawled back into bed and napped and read till about 10am. River and I took a quick trip to dogbeach - which was weirdly foggy and spooky with WAVES!

I rode my bike downtown to the Art Institute where there is a new exhibit of Henri Cartier-Bresson photographs. It was hard riding home, I was hungry and my legs were tired....but I am glad I did. (1 hr 50 minutes 760 calories)

My weekly calorie burned total was: 4171 - I really want to have lost at least a LITTLE weight in July. Even one pound will make me happy. Off to figure out tabs so I can keep track of workouts and calories burned here.

No comments: