Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Terrible TV Tuesday - July 20, 2010

I figure it has been almost a month since my last blog post. Time to get going again. It has been another good month. I ended up losing 4lbs in June but have not seen that number again in July. At this point, I just want to maintain the loss for July and then make another attempt at getting rid of some pounds in August.

There has been a real improvement in my fitness this month. I've been burning at least 2500 calories a week an trying to work out five times a week. I think I am ready to start running to the gym (instead of riding my bike) in an attempt to bump myself "to the next level" and burn some more calories. I did it today for the first time, it took me 16 minutes to run there and I bummed a ride home. I'd also run about 20 minutes with the dog before heading to the gym so I was burnt after GG. My total today was 1hr 45 minutes / 945 calories. My legs died in GG.

I ran my first 10k in about five years on Sunday. It took me about 70 minutes, which I think is slooow, but I am thrilled to have finished and am planning my next 10k with a goal of 65 minutes.

When Mary gave me a ride home from the gym she was telling me a funny story about driving her car into the wall of the gym parking lot. It was clearly one of those stories that is hysterical now and was NOT funny at the time. I was a snorting laughing mess.:) Need more of those stories in my life.

No comments: