Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reality Check

So I just had a reality check which is sending me back here. I have lost 10lbs so far this year and had a great workout month in July. June was more of a food focused month (and I lost weight), July was more workout focused (not much weight lost, but more compliments).

I managed to wedge myself into a dress that I could not even get near to zipped last summer for Laura's B-party last weekend, I ran a sub 10mpm pace 5k on Thursday and have had great workouts this week. I've been feeling pretty good. I really want to wear my favorite black dress from several years ago to her wedding. I decided to try it on tonight to see if I was close. Let's just say that I felt like I was trying on someone elses clothes. It was a big reality check that I am still 20 lbs (and change) from goal.

I did buy stuff to start juicing again and will start again tomorrow for breakfast. It is a great way for me to start the day, keeps me full till at least noon and keeps me from snacking, gets in the veggies, gets in the water, and is all around a good thing for me. My goal is to juice every day in August for breakfast (unless I am out of town). I'm convinced that juicing is why I lost 4lbs in June. I'd like to lose 4-5 lbs in August.

Headed out to a street fair, will have a beer or two but won't eat. Will be home early and will juice and hit the gym tomorrow. Tomorrow is not only a new day - it is a new month!

No comments: