Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reality TV= Nursing

I saw a lactation consultant yesterday. It was a good news/bad news situation. On one hand, the nipple shields that I have been wearing are not impacting my milk supply, and Henry is getting good hydration and nutrition. On the other hand, I need to be nursing more often and for longer if I want my milk supply to increase. *ugh*

Yesterday was a hard day. I felt like I was nursing constantly and Henry was just not satisfied. Literally, 10 minutes after he was finished nursing, he would be crying and hungry. At 8:00pm we gave up and gave him a bottle (after he had nursed for over an hour). He fell asleep almost immediately and slept till 3:00am! At that point he woke up, nursed and had another bottle and (after being wake for an hour), slept till 8:00am.

I am going to hold off on the bottles today as long as possible, I have a friend who I was supposed to meet for lunch and a walk at an indoor mall in the burbs. She is now going to come to the house for lunch, and I am going to lay low. The good news is that I have NO desire to go outside today since the HIGH is 25. ugh

Reality TV is perfect for nursing. It keeps me a distracted and interested, but if Henry distracts me, I still know what is going on. Current favorites include:
RHW of Beverly Hills (I also like NY but it is not on now)
Biggest Loser - I need the new season to start
Bachelor - needs to get on On Demand
Top Chef
Project Runway - yeah, another one is starting soon
Survivor - I need a new season!

Henry loves his developmental pictures! Don't judge for no sheets, he peed through both early this morning and they are in the wash:)

1 comment:

Delane said...

oiy vey, I will pray for your boobs.