Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Funday


I actually got to go out last night for a Girls Night Out/Wine Tasting at a friends house in the South Loop. I thought the wines were "eh" and the prices were high, but loved getting out for a few hours.

Other highlights of the weekend:

1. I got out this morning and actually incorporated some 30-60 second jogging breaks into my walk with River. It was awesome and I felt great - STARVING this afternoon though. Hopefully I will still feel great tomorrow.

2. Henry continues to seep for about 5 1/2 hours at night, so Allan and I are human. I thought he might be off schedule at one point last night, but he continues to wake up within 5 minutes of 5:30am every morning.

3. Met Laurel for coffee/brunch this morning, which was great.

4. PEO food drive! Food is being dropped off tonight, the freezer is low - LOVE PEO!

Here is what I am stressing about.:

Breastfeeding is better and easier, I think I am producing more milk. I have come to terms with the fact that I am going to continue to both breastfeed and supplement with formula, the nipple shields are not going anywhere. I talked to a friend on Friday who did a 50/50 thing with her son and pumped (and froze) enough in the first three months to bank enough formula to last from 3-6 months. I've been doing some pumping, but we usually just turn around and feed it to Henry within the next few hours. Her plan made sense to me, especially since Henry is going to start to spend some time with a babysitter in Feb (and we have a TON of formula). This morning I pumped and was excited to get about 1.5oz in 10-15 minutes. This afternoon, I pumped less than an ounce in 20 minutes....WTF? So frustrating. I'd like to get enough to freeze 4oz a day at least.

River is soooo needy. Even with daily walks/runs, he is like velcro and follows me around, desperate for attention. The good news is that he is great with the baby and the baby does not seem to notice when he turns into Cujo when someone is at the door.

Poop - Henry is pooping once a day or once ever other day. I think it is supposed to be more. Not sure what I can do about this, he seems fine (not that fussy) and poop when it comes in normal. Again, eh.

Laundry is in, I am vacuuming, getting ready for the week ahead!

1 comment:

Delane said...

Yeah for getting out!