Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dinner, Thursday Night


Allan and I went out to dinner on Thursday with friends that were in from from DC. It was a very fun and yummy dinner at a new place in Lincoln Square called Due Lire. YUM YUM YUM! I did not whip out my camera to take pictures of the food, but now I wish I had....

We started with a cheese and meat board (I think I am having erotic dreams about manchego cheese at this point) and I followed with blue cheese risotto, wrapped in prosciutto with figs on top. It was to.die.for. Really, I wish I had taken a picture of it to post here. The best thing was that I have never had anything like it before (either in taste or presentation) so it was something new! In Chicago, I feel like we don't get "new" very often and are fairly jaded foodies without even knowing it.

After dinner, we hoofed it down to Tiny Lounge for a drink. What is to not like about Tiny. It was the site of some of our first (and most fun) dates. Although it was a bummer to not be able to drink my favorite chocolate martini, I still love the vibe and mix of people you get on a random Thursday night.

No comments: